Thread Lift (Instalift) Toronto
What Is a Thread Lift?
A thread lift is a non-surgical lift which tightens areas of the skin that may experience sagging due to a multitude of factors, most prominently aging. DLK on Avenue uses Instalift to perform their thread lifts, and Instalift is performed on the face by inserting sterile, absorbable and single-use threads under the skin. Once the threads have been inserted, they are positioned to redefine the target area by lifting the skin.
A thread lift is an ideal procedure for anyone who wants to:
- Receive a brow lift to create a more “awake” look.
- Lift the mid-face area.
- Improve the look of eyelid heaviness or change eye shape.
- Stimulate collagen production.
Thread Lift Treatment at a Glance:
How to Prepare for Your Thread Lift
You will be provided with very detailed pre-op and post-op instructions for your thread lift to ensure full healing, comfort, and beautiful results. Before your thread lift, you should:
- Avoid smoking for 2 weeks before and after the procedure.
- Avoid taking over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medication unless otherwise instructed to by your doctor/surgeon so you don’t experience excessive bruising.
- Be prepared to take a couple of days off to rest your face and heal.
During Your Thread Lift Treatment
Under the precise care of the DLK team, your Instalift treatment will be performed with safety and precision to lift sagging, aging skin in any areas you want to target. This treatment boasts immediate results, restores volume, and stimulates new collagen production.
Sterile threads will be inserted under the skin and positioned to redefine the target area by lifting the skin. Patients have reported that the feeling of their skin being lifted is odd but not fully uncomfortable or painful. The threads are inserted below the surface of the skin and, since your body does not naturally recognize these threads, it will immediately begin its wound healing response to stimulate collagen production and youthful skin.
Post-Op Instructions and Care
There is often minimal bruising, and you will be able to notice results immediately following your thread lift. Following your treatment, you may experience:
- Minor pain
- Minor bruising
These side effects should resolve within 2-4 days and you can return to your everyday activities around the same time. You will be given aftercare instructions to ensure you experience the best results and minimal downtime. It usually takes 1-2 weeks to recover from a thread lift, and only a few days to recover from a non-surgical thread lift.
Changes in the shape and appearance of the face happen gradually over time. These changes occur as skin strength and elasticity decrease with age, as well as due to the gradual loss of fat, bone, and cartilage. DLK’s non-surgical thread lift treatment is a minimally invasive cosmetic rejuvenation procedure that provides an instant lift to aging skin in the mid-face area and restores lost facial volume by stimulating collagen production for a more youthful appearance that continues to improve over time and lasts up to 2 years.
Tylenol and ice are recommended to help minimize soreness, swelling, or bruising. Try to not put any pressure on your face for the first week following your Instalift, along with avoiding strenuous exercise, excessive sweating, direct sun exposure, dental appointments, and making extreme facial expressions for the first week.
Benefits of a Thread Lift
Some benefits of your thread lift include:
- Immediate lifting effects, with quick noticeable differences in the brows and cheeks.
- Little to no downtime - with a non-surgical Instalift, you can return to work the next day.
- Promoted natural collagen and elastic production that fights signs of aging.
Side Effects of a Thread Lift
Some side effects of a thread lift include:
- Irritation at the injection site, which only occurs if you rub or pick at the area right after your treatment.
- Infection, which is an extremely rare side effect and usually only occurs when this procedure is performed by an inexperienced doctor or nurse.
- You cannot rub your face or sleep on your side for the first week.
Am I A Good Candidate for a Thread Lift Treatment?
Whether you want a non-surgical thread lift is dependent on your aesthetic goals and the severity of your skin concerns - this is something that will be decided during your DLK consultation. Either way, you are a good candidate for a thread lift if you:
- Experience sagging skin around the brows, eyes, mouth, and cheeks.
- Notice creases around the nose and mouth.
- Have sunken cheeks or sagging cheeks due to volume loss.
- Have naturally lowered collagen production due to aging.
To find out if this treatment is the best fit for your individual skin concern, contact us directly. Dr. Kellet will assess your needs and develop a program built specifically for you.
To schedule your treatment or consultation please call 416-440-2597.
Contact DLK on Avenue for your Thread Lift Treatment
DLK’s Thread Lift Treatment is a dual-action cosmetic device that uses absorbable micro-cones to instantly lift aging skin in the mid-face area while gradually renewing the body’s natural collagen for a visibly more youthful appearance. Contact DLK on Avenue regarding your PRP treatment to look and feel your best with our rejuvenating procedure options and expert technique.
Is a Thread Lift Permanent?
The results of an Instalift can last for up to 2 years, but you can repeat appointments to enjoy your results for as long as you’d like.
How Long Does a Thread Lift Take?
A thread lift usually takes 1-2 hours to prepare for, perform, and complete.
Is a Thread Lift Painful?
You may experience minor discomfort, swelling, and bruising during and after your thread lift, but the procedure has not been reported by patients as painful and any side effects will subside within a few days following your treatment.
108 Avenue Road
TUE: 8:30am - 7:00pm
WED: 8:30am - 7:00pm
THU:8:30am - 7:00pm
FRI: 8:30am - 7:00pm
SAT: 9:00am - 5:00pm